From the CBRN experts at the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) comes a radical solution for a children’s gas mask. Combining a compact, battery-powered blower with a modern CBRN filter, this expandable hood can be deployed in a matter of seconds to provide hours of protection and easy breathing for some of the youngest members of your family.
Unlike most modern gas masks which are designed for military use, the CM-3M Child Escape Respirator is designed to specifically suit the needs of small children and young teenagers.
- Comes as a complete system including an expandable mask, blower unit, tubing, back/waist carrier, integrated water bottle, and Israeli NBC Filter.
- Suitable for children as young as 2 up to and including small teens (fits children as young as a few months old, but due to the risk of them removing it, we only recommend for ages 2+)
- Uses 4 standard CR123A batteries to power the blower with a runtime of 15-22 hours of continuous use
- Multiple carrying options, with the included back carrier recommended for ages 4 and under and the included waist/belt mount for ages 4+
- Blower/bellows system provides 45 liters per minute of airflow, over pressurizing the hood’s interior to ensure easy breathing
- Hood constructed from 4-layer PVC/nylon/nylon/PVC for maximum tear-resistance (tested according to standard ASTM D882)
- System has been tested to ensure 100% protection from aerosols
- Tested to provide up to 240 minutes of effective protection from mustard gas (CWA) according to MIL-STD-282 (method 204.1.1.)
- Comes in a compact, folded package, making it easy to store in a trunk, backpack or closet
- The blower unit can alternatively be attached to a standard 40 mm NATO gas mask, combining superior protection with easier breathing and longer use
- Integrated hydration system allows for safe drinking, even in dangerous environments
- Made in Israel
Please note that a gas mask filter/full-face respirator can only protect the soft tissues that it covers. For increased protection, we recommend a full-body covering (the HAZ-Suit is a flexible solution) including butyl rubber boots, butyl rubber gloves, and Kappler Chemtape to seal the gaps.
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.