Keep your gas mask in peak condition with the MIRA Safety Gas Mask Replacement Parts Kit. Whether it’s a matter of wear and tear or just passing long years in storage, your gas mask has several parts that absolutely must be replaced at specific intervals in order to maximize the protection your respirator offers—and minimize the risk of unexpected exposure. In most cases, wear parts should be replaced at least every five years for masks in storage and more frequently for masks in active use.
THE ESSENTIALS KIT
This kit is compatible with the CM-6M (all variants), CM-7M, CM-8M, and the TAPR. Please note, for the CM-7M, CM-8M, and TAPR, inner mask valves will not be necessary.
The Essentials Gas Mask Replacement Parts Kit includes:
(4) Inner Mask Valves – MIRA Safety gas masks come with an oro-nasal cup (also called an inner mask) to prevent fogging and help redirect the flow of CO2. These inner valves are meant to be installed on the oro-nasal cup itself, along with the inhalation ports to prevent the backflow of filtered air back through the filter.
(1) Exhalation Valve – This is one of the most critical components for ensuring your mask seals properly and performs reliably. The exhalation valve expands as you breathe out, then immediately snaps shut to protect you from dangerous environments. Your mask MUST have a functioning Exhalation Valve to work properly.
(1) Exhalation Valve Cover – This cover protects the exhalation valve. While it sits snugly over the exhalation port and is made of robust materials, it should be replaced if you see any signs of damage or if it is misplaced.
(1) 40 mm Plug – Most MIRA Safety gas masks have two ports for gas mask filters. By plugging one port, you can use a single filter for a lighter set up that’s easier to wear while shouldering a rifle or moving around.
THE DELUXE KIT
The Deluxe Kit includes all of the parts included in the essentials kit, along with a replacement head harness. The head harness should be replaced every 10 years, or if you begin to notice that the elastic is stretched out, damaged, etc.
IMPORTANT NOTES: As the head harness is different for the CM-6M and CM-7M, please make sure to select the correct Deluxe Kit for your model. These replacement parts are NOT compatible with smaller gas masks for children.
IMPORTANT SAFETY WARNING: Although installation is straightforward, we recommend having these parts installed by a professional respirator service center to ensure the mask seals properly after service. Professional respirator service centers use a negative pressure fit tester to ensure that there are no leaks after new parts are installed. If you choose to install these values yourself, make sure to conduct a negative pressure test to ensure the mask is properly sealing.
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.