The TAPR is a modular half-face respirator platform that can be configured to integrate with the most popular helmet systems and communications gear. It’s engineered for rapid deployment and reliable protection while preserving combat readiness and freedom of movement. Designed to integrate seamlessly into your plate carrier or battle belt, or rig with the included pouch. The TAPR is often the best practical protection you can carry against a range of lethal and nonlethal threats.
The standard TAPR Kit comes with the following:
Center Port TAPR Body - Made from silicone rubber for comfort, it has two exhalation ports and a central 40-mm NATO threaded filter connector.
Mesh Head Harness - Low-profile head harness for use without a helmet or with a helmet without rails, providing full compatibility with the protective headgear used by security forces and rescue teams.
ParticleMax P3 Compact Filter - Particle filters provide protection against solid and liquid particles. Filters are divided into classes according to their filtration efficiency. The highest class (P3) provides reliable protection against solid and liquid aerosols and hazardous microorganisms like bacteria, viruses, spores, etc.
P-CAN Compact Filter - Our P-CAN Compact filter was engineered specifically for use by law enforcement against riot control agents. This filter provides respiratory protection against the effects of tear agents, especially CS and CR gases and agents, both gaseous and aerosol based, e.g., in aqueous solution
Carry Case - Convenient hard travel case when you’re on the go protects the TAPR respirator mask and all accessories from damage.
Nylon Pouch - Made from 600D nylon fabric, it’s large enough to fit an assembled TAPR and accessories. The back of the pouch has MOLLE webbing and built-in snap straps.
Low-Profile Exhalation Cap - Allows a closer cheek weld when using rifles.
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.
- Innovative, shooter-friendly design proven by active-duty military
- Uses widely available NATO-standard, 40-mm filter cartridges
- Custom mesh head harness for stand-alone use
- Compatible with popular riot control helmet systems, including MSA Gallet and Schuberth riot control helmets
- Compatible with a wide variety of protective goggles, shields, and face masks
- Comes with a hardened travel case
- Ultralight construction (just over 4oz without filter)
- Built from high-quality sanitary silicone rubber
- Anatomical design and unique harness system provide true one-size-fits-all protection
- Compatible with our proprietary MIRA Gas Mask Microphone (sold separately)
- Ideal for use with one of three compact gas mask filters (P-CAN Compact, Particlemax P3 Compact, and NBC-17 SOF)
- Dual exhalation valves for easy breathing during long hours of use
- Can be cleaned with common disinfectants for regular/repeated use
- Carries MIRA Safety’s 1-year manufacturer warranty